Fall Math Crafts for First Graders

Fall Math Crafts for First Graders


Do you love creating fall math crafts with your students?  Fall math crafts are my favorite seasonal activities to do with my first grade students.  

 We start them in September with the scarecrow and the pumpkin spice crafts and move on to the Halloween crafts in October.   We finish up with the harvest corn in November!  Here are my favorite  fall math crafts that I do with them each year. 

1. Fall Scarecrow Counting 1-30 Craft
We practice counting our numbers to 30 while creating a fun and festive scarecrow that is perfect for my fall bulletin board.  This is one of my favorite fall math crafts!  It is a great review of counting for my first graders before we start our addition and subtraction units. 







2. Fall Pumpkin Spice Counting Craft
This is another fall math craft that I do with my students for morning work.  They easily complete and assemble this one with very little help  I always add a little cinnamon to the top of the inside after we are done to add some real fall spice to it!





3. Halloween Monster Addition Craft
My students are finishing up the first addition sums to 10 chapter in our math book during the month of October so we create these Halloween Monsters after our chapter test as a fun way to end the unit!





4. Halloween Ghost Craft
Another great fall fun craft we create is our ghosts.  Easy as pie to complete, assemble, and color!  I have them hanging up in the hallway as I create this post!  








5. Fall Harvest Subtraction Craft
Once our addition chapter is complete, we move right into subtraction.  This fall math craft is a great filler activity.  It does take time for the kiddos to solve, color, and assemble.  I love to create these when I know it is going to be a long afternoon.  It keeps them busy for a while.   
             

Comments

Popular Posts